Wednesday, July 16, 2014

His Pick 1980s: Ferris Beuller's Day Off





First off, thank you Corey for switching Die Hard to this light-hearted silly flick.
I am being sincere.
I give this movie a 6 out of 10.  Didn't hate it.  Didn't love it. Laughed a few times.
It would've gotten a completely average rating if not for the nostalgia of seeing all the 80s references.  
This guy always makes me laugh.

The premise is totally dumb.  A guy skips school.  It takes a good 1/3 of the movie to even pull off that part.  They take a friend's dad's car to the city for the day.
It has goofy almost run ins with parents. And very flawed "Home Alone" esque gags for trying to fool the folks at home (manequin under the covers, answering machines rigged,  etc)
Not much happens, but a few things are kind of funny, mostly involving the administrator who is trying to finally catch Ferris Beuller skipping school.



This part is funny, but mostly because it's Charlie Sheen playing a spazzed out druggie.  

So, yeah.  Now I can say I've seen this movie.  It wasn't awful, but not going on any of my favorites lists.


No comments:

Post a Comment